|The Regional Sales Manager plans, directs, and controls the sales of Delta Controls product, peripherals and services in a specific geographic region or market segment, and also develops new pull-through business within that region in conjunction with the Delta Controls Partnership.
The successful candidate is expected to be based in North America within the “US East” region, which is comprised of New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Virginia, Massachusetts, Michigan, Maryland, Connecticut, New Hampshire, West Virginia, Delaware, Rhode Island, Maine, Vermont, and the District of Columbia.
- Drive the growth of the existing Delta Controls Partners in the territory, while increasing the number of Delta Partners as necessary
- Manage the penetration into each vertical market and type of contract
- Look for new Partners in related but converging industries such as access control, lighting and any other IoT related industries
- Develop regional sales objectives, plans, programs, and budgets
- Direct sales operations through a combination of direct sales activities to key stakeholder customer groups and through the sales arm of Delta Controls' independent distributor network
- Generate new business through the promotion of Delta Controls, Delta Electronics products.
- Ensure that distributor sales teams are equipped with the necessary tools to contribute to the regional and company growth objectives
Provide sales support for existing Partners including:
- Participate with Partners in major sales presentations to key stakeholder groups
- Participate with Partners in local trade shows
- Represent Delta in National trade shows
- Provide Partners with sales ideas and strategies to help them profitably compete
- Assist Partners with specification review/writing to gain competitive advantages
- Deliver ongoing training while interacting with all Partner personnel
- Collect and distribute competitive information to assist Partners' efforts
- Provide kick-off sales training and market introductions for Partners
- Evaluate existing Partners' sales performance versus commitments and market opportunities
- Make adjustments to territories, multipliers and sales quotas as necessary to maintain acceptable growth, market representation and market penetration
- Assist in developing, discovering and disseminating sales tools that help Partners be more productive and competitive
- Define vertical markets and develop business development initiatives for same
- Perform traffic control between Partners when required by overlapping markets or national accounts
- Explore, evaluate and recruit new Delta Partners for unrepresented or under-represented markets